Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sloppy Joes


I know what you're thinking... but these Sloppy Joes taste nothing like what you ate in your elementary school cafeteria. I promise! They are so easy and SO tasty. Just try them once. And if you still think they're gross, you have my permission to leave a comment on here saying so.

Also, I usually only add onion if I already have one chopped and in the fridge, so these are seriously a super quick and easy meal. A staple in our house for sure!



Ingredients:
1lb. ground beef or turkey
1/2 sweet onion, diced (optional)
1T butter or EVOO
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions:
Saute onion in EVOO on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add meat and brown. Drain excess grease and return to pan. Add ketchup and brown sugar. Serve over toast with your favorite sides.






The sides I used were Publix Steam In Bag California Blend and Pasta Roni Shells & White Cheddar.


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

7 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about sloppy joes! I haven't had one in years. This makes me want one for dinner! YUM! Thanks for linking up with Jess and me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of the sloppy joe without the processed can of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sloppy joes! Thanks for the recipe. Going to try this! Stopping over from the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW these taste delicious Heather! Why, because you used the magic ingredients(ketchup and brown sugar). They make chilli and baked beans taste awesome! I never thought to make sloppy joes with them, duh! Lol! Thanks for sharing this! Have a wonderful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Love Sloppy Joes!! My husband and I usually call them Messy Mikes when we make them homemade. Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sloppy joes, Sloppy-sloppy joes! Love it. Never made it from scratch though. I'm all for the manwich sloppy joes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not a huge fan of sloppy joes, but these look awesome!!! of course, because you made them!!!

    ReplyDelete