Friday, October 10, 2014

Ten on the 10th: Ten things I'm loving right now



This may be the most random list of favorites I have ever created. Just throwing that out there....



1. Sally Hansen Nail Polish


Before Ryan was born, I was on a pretty regular routine of getting my nails done every 3-4 weeks. I became kind of addicted to the gel nail polish because the color lasted so long. Well, since Ryan was born, I haven't really made time to get them done. Even though my nail place in half a mile from our house. But a few weeks ago when I sister spent the night with us, she brought over this new Sally Hansen polish for me to try and I love it! The first time I tried it, the color stayed on for a full two weeks. Now that may be because I used the  Hard as Wraps acrylic gel + nylon along with it (as a base coat and top coat), because the second time I painted them, the color started chipping after a week. I'm going to paint them again this weekend with this color and use the Hard as Wraps along with it, so we'll see. Hopefully I'll get another two weeks out of it because it's way cheaper than spending $30+ at the salon, and certainly easier than carving out that time with my new schedule. ;)

2. Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins
(I told you this list was random.)
I really hate swallowing pills. Like really hate it. In fact I've been known to ask my doctor if whatever medicine he prescribes comes in a liquid or chewable form. I am a child. But knowing that, imagine my joy when I found out there is a company who makes grown-up vitamins in kid-friendly gummy form. Even my prenatals. Yep, so these are the vitamins I take now instead of those horse pills that smell like fish. Thank you, Vitafusion.



3. Tostitos Cantina Thin & Crispy Chips
I shared these when I shared my new Taco Soup recipe, but they are so good, they made my list of ten favorites too. Which means you really need to try them. Like this weekend. And if you're going to buy the chips, you might as well by this cheese dip too, because it's pretty fantastic.



4. Plus White 5-Minute Teeth Whitening Gel
I have really sensitive teeth, and I'm pretty impatient, so teeth whiteners and I haven't gotten along well in the past. But with as much as I love coffee (and red wine), my teeth get a little dull if I don't brighten them up once in a while. I love this gel because 
1. It takes 5 minutes. 
2. It doesn't make my teeth hurt even a little bit
3. It's cheap
I bought this starter kit on Amazon and also buy the replacement gel from there too. I use it about twice a week while I'm getting ready and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Love it!



5. Gone Girl
I'm about halfway through Gone Girl and I'm really liking it so far. It's twisted and eerie and different from the type of books I usually read (predictable Nicholas Sparks- type love stories), but it has definitely sucked me in. (Sucked me in? Sure, I'll go with that.) In fact, I had to make myself put it down halfway through Ryan's nap so that I could churn out this blog post before he wakes up (because I know you were all DYING to know what my Ten on the 10th would be today, hah). 



6. Stress Relief Hand Soap 
You know I love this scent. It's my favorite, favorite, favorite of any brand. I use the lotion, body wash, bath salts, candles and stock up when the line goes on sale. So why I hadn't ever bought the hand soap before now, I have no idea. But surprise, surprise. I love it. It's now in our bathroom and in our kitchen. It's just the best smelling scent!



7. Fiber One Bars 
Nursing has given me an appetite I have never experienced before. Like I can't actually recall the last time I felt full after a meal. When I was waking up in the middle of the night to feed Ryan I would eat one of these while I fed him. My mom suggested them as a replacement for the Dips granola bars I was eating. I'm a marketer's dream, so the name alone (Fiber One Bars) made me feel like I was being healthier than eating a Dips bar... called that because it is "dipped" in extra chocolate. Yes, so these bars are really good and give me the illusion that I'm being healthy. :)



8. Arbonne Seasource Mask
I love using masks every once in a while. I like feeling like my face is extra clean and it makes me feel like I'm taking good care of my skin without spending a lot of time to do it. This mask is one of my favorites because it tingles without burning and I really think my skin looks cleaner right after I use it. Two of my friends recently started selling Arbonne, which is how I heard about the product, so if you want to give it a try too, let me know and I'll send you their info.

9. Roomba


Y'all. I cannot talk about this thing enough. It's seriously the most amazing invention ever. I run it everyday and haven't vacuumed since we got it. It is worth every. single. penny. And right now the one we have is on sale! So either make the investment or put it on your Christmas wish list. It will seriously change your life.

10. My "R" Necklace
Two of my super sweet neighbors got me this Louise Loirette necklace when Ryan was born and I absolutely love it! She has an Etsy shop that you can check out here, but she's taking a break until the beginning of the year. I just love the simplicity of it. Such a thoughtful gift!




Yay for the weekend! Hope y'all have a great one!



Want to join me for Ten on the 10th?! Find out how and read previous posts here.

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out that teeth whitening brand!! I have sensitive teeth, too, and every time I use like, Crest's white strips, my teeth hurt and just feel funny for a couple of days!!! such a fun post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use those same vitamins except the Target brand which is even cheaper and taste the same. I know you like a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete