Thursday, November 6, 2014

Crock Pot Ranch Chicken


The crock pot AND pasta?! That's an automatic win in my book.

I adapted this recipe from Mix and Match Mama's Angel Chicken. Since Matt doesn't love italian dressing and I was out of chicken stock, I thought a ranch packet plus orange juice plus sour cream and parm sounded like it could be yummy. And wouldn't you know, it worked out just great!

I'm going to blame it on me being nursing mom, but there definitely weren't any leftovers after Matt and I finished. And it's been added into the rotation... which is kind of a big deal.

Hope you like it too!

**Since not everyone is a citrus/orange juice fan, I've changed the recipe some to include chicken stock with just a splash of orange juice (1-2T). If you like a citrus flavor and want to try it the original way, substitute the cup of chicken stock for a cup of orange juice**

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast (frozen or thawed)
2T butter
8 oz onion and chive cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup chicken stock
Splash of orange juice
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup parmesan
1lb spaghetti or fettuccine (Since making this the first time, I prefer to use fettuccine)

Directions:
Add the first 7 ingredients to the crock pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Switch crock pot to warm and shred chicken with two forks. Add sour cream cream and parmesan and mix into sauce and chicken. Twenty minutes before serving, cook spaghetti according to package. Return spaghetti to pan and pour sauce from crock pot on top. Mix together and serve with grated parmesan on top.


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment: