Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuna Noodle Casserole


As I mentioned in yesterday's weekly meals post, I've been making this recipe for as long as I can remember. I grew up eating pasta multiple times a week, and this was one of the ways I remember having it. It is so easy and delicious and could be varied easily if you wanted to add an ingredient or two to match your own tastes.


Ingredients:
3/4lb of pasta (I used rigatoni)
1 can cream of celery soup (I used campbell's healthy request)
1 can milk
1 can tuna (I use all-white albacore in water, drained)
2T butter
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
parmesan

Directions:
Empty soup can into a pan. Fill the soup can to the top with milk and add that to the pan. Bring to a low boil and whisk/stir until the soup is well blended. Add tuna and cheese. In a separate pot, cook pasta to al dente in salted water. After draining the pasta, return to pan and mix with butter. Pour sauce on top and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parmesan.

I've also made this as a casserole that bakes in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes. When I do it that way, I use a whole pound of pasta and double the sauce (2 cans of soup and milk- doubling the tuna, cheese, and butter is optional, I just like to have extra sauce so that it doesn't dry out in the oven). 

Undercook the pasta by 5 minutes, mix everything together as stated above, and bake.

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment