Friday, January 9, 2015

Meet Elizabeth + Mid-Month Confession Details


Well, we have survived this cold-weather and sick-baby week! 
Thank you Jesus for the weekend.

Last week I shared the news about my new partnership with Elizabeth from Sam and Scout.  Today, we are taking a few minutes to introduce each other on our blogs by answering some fun questions for you.  You can read Elizabeth's responses below and check out my answers on her blog.

Also make sure to get all the details about our first Mid-Month Confessions Blog Hop next Thursday at the bottom of both posts...

Now on to getting to know E!

 Meet Elizabeth and her sweet son Sam:

Fashion/Style Icon?
Reese Witherspoon - I've been asking myself "WWRW" (What Would Reese Wear?) since high school.

"Go To" Meal for Busy Week Nights?
Chicken and Cream of Mushroom in the Crockpot (very easy recipe here)
For Guests?
"Party Chicken" which is basically just a variation of the above except you add chipped beef and bake it for three hours in the oven. I serve with rice and asparagus. (P.S. Cooking isn't really my thing.)

Favorite Book of All Time?
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  (FYI: The "Scout" in my blog name is a play on the main character's name and my role as an English teacher.)
Movie?
Steel Magnolias. My aunt even made a "bleeding armadillo" cake for my wedding in 2007. (My husband is a good sport.)

Least Favorite Chore?
LAUNDRY.

Social Media Addiction?
My favorite is definitely Instagram, but I also use (and check) Facebook pretty regularly.

Favorite Candy?
Gummy bears and sour gummy worms.

Best Way to Unwind?
I would take a nap every day if I could, but I also love relaxing with a good book and try to have at least one going at all times.

Doppelgänger?
Ramona Quimby Age 8.

Life Verse?
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, togethether with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." - Ephesians 3:16 - 21

Guilty Pleasure(s)? 
(and I'm not laughing that we followed "Life Verse" with "Guilty Pleasures"... haha)
The Bachelor, Scandal, Target, "Chick Lit," and Starbucks Caramel Lattes

Again, if you aren't already, make sure you are following along with Elizabeth’s adventures on her blog and/or by following her on Instagram and Facebook.



Finally, make sure to mark your calendar for Thursday, January 15th and plan to participate in our very first Mid-Month Confessions blog hop!! Simply write your own post sharing your "less than perfect" moments from the last month and then share your link at Teaching Sam & Scout or Notes from the Nelsens that morning.  (The link-up will go live at 8am EST.) This is a perfect opportunity to meet some virtual friends who also have messy houses, dirty clothes, and an ability to laugh at themselves despite it all.  :)

We'll be sure to share the button for the link-up early next week so you can attach it to your posts.

See you then!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment