Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steaks


Awhile back I posted a recipe for Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches and shared in that post that I wanted to find a good recipe for Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches. I searched around on Pinterest and some of my favorite recipe websites and put together a combination of what sounded like the best out of the recipes I read.

The only thing I wish I had done differently with this recipe is get the meat in the crock pot sooner! You definitely need to let it set in the crock pot for at least 7-8 hours so that it pulls apart. Our meat was a little more sliced and less pulled-apart, so next time I will definitely get it going earlier! But other than that, the flavor was great and the process was really simple.


Ingredients:
2-3lb Pot Roast
2 cups beef stock (I used Kitchen Basics)
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1/2 bag Trader Joe's frozen sweet peppers (look like this)
1T minced garlic
1T olive oil or butter
4 hoagie rolls
8 slices Havarti cheese
Cavender's Greek Seasoning (looks like this)

Instructions:
Season roast with Cavender's (or salt and pepper if you don't have Cavender's) on both sides. Place in crock pot. Add stock, 1/2 of onion and peppers, and garlic. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Cut hoagie rolls in half so that they are open faced. Set oven to broil. Pull meat apart with two forks. It should separate easily if it has cooked long enough. Strain out meat, onions, and peppers with a slotted spoon (leaving the juice behind) and place on half of the sandwich. Cover with 1-2 slices of cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is crunchy.



facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment