Wednesday, March 18, 2015

H's Chili Pasta


Last week I was craving my leftover taco soup recipe, but I unfortunately didn't have any leftover taco soup to make it. So I decided to clean out the pantry of what we had and ended up concocting a recipe that Matt took one bite of and said he would eat it once a week! Score! So I decided to quickly write down what I did so I wouldn't forget it, and then I asked him what we should call it and he said, "H's Chili Pasta." Ha! So I went with it...


Ingredients:
1 can Nina's Whole Tomatoes
1 can rotel (you pick how spicy you want it- I'm a wimp, so I went with mild)
1 can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
1 can corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can spicy chili beans, drained and rinsed (if you want it spicier, don't drain and rinse)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2tsp minced garlic (or 4 minced cloves)
1T olive oil
1lb pasta shells
1lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
sour cream
cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Sauté the onion in garlic and olive oil for 5-7 minutes on medium heat in a skillet.

While the onions are sautéing, brown ground beef, drain the excess grease, and return to the pan. Add the packet of taco seasoning with just enough water to mix it in with the beef. Set aside.

After onions are sautéed, add the first 7 ingredients to the skillet with the onions. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes and then reduce heat to a low simmer and add in the ground beef.

While chili mix is simmering, cook pasta according to box directions.

Once pasta is cooked and drained, scoop pasta into bowls and add the chili on top. Top with sour cream and cheese.

Enjoy!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment