Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February Goals




Ahh, February. This is going to be one sweet month.

We're going into this month as a family of three and will come out of it as a family of four.

Have I mentioned we can't wait to meet our Baby Girl?!


I'm keeping my goals for February short and sweet, but before I get to those, here's a look at how my January goals went:

1.
Complete nursery and share pictures on here
The nursery is complete and this post will be up on FRIDAY!

2.
Read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
I tried, I failed, and then I wrote a review (of sorts) here. And I found I was not the only one who felt the way I did about her book!

3.
Reorganize Ryan's room to make space for new toys
Matt and I went a totally different direction with making space this month and completely rearranged our living room. We took out our entertainment center and coffee table, mounted our TV, and moved the furniture around to create more open space for playing. And we love it! Here's a before and after of the room:



I plan to create a little gallery wall near Matt's chair, but I'm really loving how open everything feels now. One day when we have a bigger house, we'll reuse our entertainment center and coffee table and set up a "real" living room again, but for now, this is perfect for our house and our stage of life. :)

4.
NEST 
(i.e. more organizing and Good Will-ing)
Oh yes. There was lots of this. In fact, I wrote a whole post about it here.

5.
Poll You Readers
You guys were the best with this little poll! I polled you here and shared the results here. The feedback was so sweet and helpful. Thank you!


And now, for my short and sweet February Goals:


This month, my one and only goal is to focus on being in the moment and appreciating exactly where we are.

For the first part of the month, that will mean soaking up my time with our big boy and JUST our big boy. I want to appreciate all that he's learning, even when those learning moments involved redirecting and teaching him how to be the right kind of independent. He's at such a fun age now where he's growing so much everyday, so these days of being with just him before his sister arrives are extra sweet ones.

When Baby Girl arrives, I want to soak in our time in the hospital and try my hardest to be fully present with her and Matt and not worry about our little guy at home. He will be in great hands with my parents so I want to make sure I'm intentional about appreciating the time we have with her before heading home.

And lastly, when we do get back home and navigate the world of being a family of four, I want to take things one day at a time- minimizing the pressure I put on myself to find routines that work, knowing that the "routines" will fall into place eventually.

These days are so short and sweet, and ones I know I will miss when our babies are all grown up.


So that's it for February!
I'm linking up with Elizabeth and Sarah for their B+ monthly goals. You can check out their posts in the links and share your own each month in their link up!

Happy February, friends!


facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your February goals. Take loads of photos so when your precious children are grown like mine, you can look back and enjoy this time over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT February goal! And great job on January! :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be such an exciting month for y'all!

    ReplyDelete