Monday, May 16, 2016

May's Mid-Month Confessions


Can you believe summer is almost here?!

Elizabeth and I are linking up today to share our confessions from the past 30 days. And speaking of Elizabeth, if you guys haven't signed up for her newsletter yet, you absolutely should. If you read her blog, you know that she has a very honest, easy-to-read style of writing, and that comes through even more in her newsletters as she shares a little more about what is going on with her family, teaching, and shares recaps and upcoming posts from her blog. I teared up twice reading the newsletter she recently sent, so make sure you visit her blog today and sign up to receive her newsletter! Just look for the "Get the Newsletter" sign on the right side of her posts, or if you're reading on the mobile version, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the blog to sign up. 

Okay, now for my confessions:

1.
When we got home from church two weeks ago, Ryan went into my closet, walked out with my robe, handed it to me and said, "Here go, mommy." It was then that I decided I should vary my at-home attire just a bit. Maybe invest in some cute pajamas?! ;)

2.
When I was helping my mom clean out their house for their upcoming move, I found all of my homecoming and prom dresses from high school and had this not-so-genius idea to try one of them on. Mistake number one was thinking that trying on one of the dresses 2.5 months post-delivery was a good idea. Mistake number two was wearing my nursing bra (nothing says you're not in high school anymore like wearing a nursing bra). Bless my mom for ever so sweetly saying, "One sec honey, the zipper is just a little stuck here." Hahaha. I was determined to get in that dress, so I sucked in hard and mom worked out the "stuck" zipper, and in I went. It was a lot curvier than I remembered it, and I'm not sure much dancing (or eating) could have happened, but I got in it.

Here's what the dress looked like back in the day... we were babies!


3.
When Ryan was at his cousin's birthday party, he took one bite of his slice of cookie cake and went back to eating the raw broccoli on his plate. #heishisdaddy #wishicouldsayiwoulddothesame
He also stayed at the table for at least 5  minutes after all the kids went back to play, which is also what Matt used to do as a kid. I love watching his little personality form and seeing each of us in him!

4.
When I was in my sister's house, I opened up her tupperware drawer and when I looked inside, I heard angels singing. It was so organized with all of the lids in one place and the matching bowls stacked neatly on top of each other, biggest on the bottom, smallest on the top. It was glorious. One day mine will look like that again. One day.

That's it for today! Don't forget to swing by Elizabeth's blog and read her confessions too!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest! Thanks for the newsletter plug!!! :) Love your confessions - and I especially love your hair in the homecoming pic. So the style!!!

    ReplyDelete